December 4, 2020
The Paulding Exempted Village Schools Administration continues to discuss the best options to educate our children yet be proactive in protecting everyone associated with PEVS. To this end, the following plan will be in place on Monday, December 21st and Tuesday, December 22nd just prior to the Christmas break.
For Oakwood and Paulding Elementary School Students:
All elementary students will continue with in-person instruction from 8:00am to 3:00pm and will NOT be utilizing the remote learning platform. We feel it is in the best interest of our elementary students to continue with in-person learning every day that it remains safe to do so. PEVS will continue to operate our normal AM and PM transportation schedule on both days.
For Paulding Middle School and High School Students:
All middle school and high school students will be participating in remote learning from home;
1. Teachers will be working from their classrooms all day and will be available from 8-10 to answer phone calls and emails;
2. Students will operate on a two-hour delay schedule meaning they will start learning from home at 10:00;
3. Teachers will instruct students through Google Classroom using Zoom, recorded lessons, and posted activities and assessments following their established class schedule;
4. Students are required to complete and submit all assignments and assessments by the stated deadline to receive credit;
5. PMS and PHS students that do not have adequate internet access will be allowed to come to school to utilize our internet resources.
The 2020-2021 school year has certainly been unique and challenging. In every decision we make, our main focus is the safety of our students and staff. We must continue to be prepared and flexible each day as we navigate through the COVID-19 pandemic. We will continue to communicate any changes or updates as they arise.