Link to the original document
Preface: All Ohio schools were ordered to close on March 16, 2020 by Governor DeWine and the Ohio Department of Health Director in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. On July 2, 2020 Governor DeWine released the Reset & Restart Planning Guide for all schools in Ohio. The following statement from the Paulding County Schools’ was created with those recommendations in mind. This statement is a result of extensive collaboration amongst the three Paulding County Schools, Western Buckeye ESC, and the Paulding County Board of Health. All parties involved agree that the first priority in reopening schools’ is to make certain our students and staff members are in a safe learning environment.
The following general principals will be practiced by all Paulding County Schools’ to move forward with reopening schools:
- Each school district will implement safety protocols as realistically as possible.
- Each school district will continue to work closely with the Paulding County Health Department to promote safety in each school building.
- Daily Health Assessments: students and personnel are expected to conduct daily health assessments prior to coming to school. Additional health monitoring at school may be required due to varying circumstances.
- Each school district will be transparent with all stakeholders that some level of risk will always be present when children and school district employees occupy school district facilities.
- School districts recognize the need for consistency in areas of operation while recognizing that individual difference in classroom size, school facilities, and building operations may lead to some inconsistencies.
- School districts are planning to maintain their previously approved school calendars with some possible professional development adjustments.
Paulding County Schools’ reopening is subject to change throughout the school year during the COVID-19 pandemic. If mandated, districts are preparing to implement alternative learning environments.
Benjamin A. Winans – Wayne Trace Local Superintendent
Ken Amstutz – Paulding Exempted Village Superintendent
Dr. Marty Miller – Antwerp Local School Superintendent
Dave Bagley – Western Buckeye ESC Superintendent
Bill Edwards – Paulding County Health Department